2/18/2014 - Jan - Mar Newsletter
Our January - March 2015 Award Winning Newsletter will be available soon!
To view or download any of our prior newsletters click here to go to our newsletter page.
All newsletters are in PDF format.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 10/2/2015 6:23:16 AM
1/23/2014 - Proposed CEC Slate for 2014-2015
AGA New York Capital Chapter
Proposed CEC Slate for 2014-2015
The Nominating Committee enthusiastically recommends the following members to serve on the Chapter's Executive Committee (CEC) for the 2014-15 fiscal year beginning July 1st. In accordance with the Chapter's Bylaws, 30 members may submit an independent nomination for any officer or director position (except President) within 45 days of the date of this notice (i.e., by April 15, 2014) to the President-Elect (Brenda Carver at firstname.lastname@example.org).
If there is a contest for an elective office, ballots will be prepared and distributed by the Chapter's Strategic Direction and Bylaws Committee (SDBC). The SDBC shall certify the results of an election to the President. If there is not a contest for an elective office, the SDBC shall certify the election to the President without ballot.
We are looking forward to serving our members with excellent opportunities for education and networking events.
Click here to view or download a PDF version of the prosed CEC slate for 2014-2015.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 9/26/2014 11:58:48 AM
12/31/2012 - Invitation to Participate in the AGA Chapter Leadership
The Chapter's Nomination Committee is looking for individuals to serve as officers, board members, and committee members for the 2013-14 year. As part of the leadership team, you will have the opportunity to enhance your organizational, communication, and leadership skills. It will also provide you the opportunity to work and network with other accountability professionals at the state, local, and federal level as well as those in the private sector. Additional information on the various positions and committees can be found in our policies and procedures or by clicking here
For additional information or to express your interest in a position, please contact Michael Abbott at email@example.com. Thank you.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 5/15/2013 10:20:27 AM
12/20/2012 - Call for 2013 National Academic Scholarships
Call for 2013 National Academic Scholarships - Up to $26,000 Could be Awarded
Are you - or a family member - pursuing a degree in a discipline such as accounting, auditing, budgeting, economics, finance, information technology or public administration? Apply for an AGA National Academic Scholarship today!
Applications due by April 12, 2013. Apply now and take full advantage of your AGA membership.
For more information, click here.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 5/15/2013 10:18:53 AM
6/6/2012 - AGA's Award Recipients
On June 7, 2012, the New York Capital Chapter will hold its Membership Appreciation Luncheon at Wolfert's Roost Country Club.
Numerous recognition awards will be presented to the hardworking volunteers that help make our Chapter successful.
Tone from the Top Excellence Award - Andrew A. SanFilippo
Distinquished Chapter Service Award - Shelly Taleporos
Outstanding Achievement in Government Accountability Award - Michael Conners
Thomas J. Goodfellow Chapter Champion Award - Marcella Junco
Emerging Leaders Award - Taryn Davila-Webster and Lynn Farruggia
Click here to view the list of all award recipients
Last Updated by: LBrown on 6/7/2012 5:04:17 AM
5/8/2012 - SUNY Student Wins Scholarship Award
Allyssa Curley, undergraduate student at the State University of New York at Albany, has won the Chapter's $500 academic scholarship created this year for full-time and part-time study in several financial accountability, economics, information technology and public administration categories. The applicant must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale. The award scholarship is also based on the student's potential for making a meaningful contribution to public financial management. Congratulations Allyssa!
Last Updated by: LBrown on 5/8/2012 1:31:48 PM
2/27/2012 - Call for Nominees!
We need your help in recognizing individuals for their contributions to the Association both at the national and chapter level. AGA National’s Award’s list may be found on AGA National's Awards page. The New York Capital Chapter’s award list is shown below. Please provide suggested nominees for awards by March 15, 2012 to Ann Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518.473.2020. National award winners will be recognized at AGA National’s Professional Development Conference in San Diego, California July 29th – 31st. New York Capital Chapter award winners will be recognized at the Chapter’s award luncheon to be held at the Wolfert’s Roost Country Club on June 7, 2012. Thank you!
• John Wrafter Distinguished Chapter Service Award - This award is the Chapter’s highest honor and recognizes outstanding contributions that have had a major impact on Chapter activities. Past recipients generally have had more than one year of significantly active service and most have also previously received the Chapter Service Award (although this is not a prerequisite).
• Outstanding Achievement in Government Accountability Award – This award recognizes government employees who have demonstrated sustained outstanding leadership and made notable contributions to government accountability.
• Tone from the Top Award - This award recognizes those members who set the tone at the top with their staff for encouraging professional development, certification, and association membership and participation.
• Thomas J. Goodfellow Chapter Champion Award – This award recognizes members who have had at least ten years of active service to AGA. It is the Chapter’s hall of fame award.
• Chapter Service Award - This award is used to recognize participation above and beyond the call of duty, for matters that have made a positive impact and improvement on Chapter operations, membership, etc.
• Emerging Leader Award – This new award recognizes members who have demonstrated the skills to be an outstanding leader and who have shown a commitment to improving Chapter operations.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 2/27/2012 11:44:44 AM
1/20/2012 - Scholarship Information
Did you know that the New York Capital Chapter of the AGA offers scholarships. To find out more information, including guidelines and eligibility criteria, along with an application click here.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 1/20/2012 12:06:08 PM
4/11/2011 - CGFM Month Proclamation
Click here to view or download the Proclamation signed by Governor Cuomo making March 2011 Certified Government Financial Manager Month.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 4/11/2011 11:53:57 AM
9/24/2010 - Slideshow from 9/24/2010 Kick Off Breakfast
Last Updated by: LBrown on 9/24/2010 12:16:55 PM