Giving Back to Our Community
The New York Capital Chapter has been active in community service for many years. In addition to individual members volunteering their services for a variety of activities, the chapter continues to be dedicated to give back to the community in which the members live.
In 2017, the Chapter participated in the following community service events:
- serving a meal at the City Mission of Schenectady
- helping at Habitat for Humanity ReStore - Capital District
- helping at Regional Food Bank of Northeast NY
- helping at Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region
- bottle and can sorting for the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society
- preparing and serving a meal at the Capital City Rescue Mission of Albany
- walking to raise money at the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer - American Cancer Society
- helping prepare food for the annual Equinox Thanksgiving Day Community Dinner
- organizing and participating in our annual golf tournament to benefit the Bernard & Millie Duker Children's Hospital of Albany Medical Center
The Community Service Committee is seeking volunteers to participate in the following events in the upcoming year. Feel free to contact Bill Steinbach at Bill.Steinbach@gmail.com or 518-495-8668 if you would like to join us in volunteering or if you have any questions.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 1/2/2018 10:22:33 AM